Spotmog Golf 2018
It was agreed to retain the rules as last year, which are:
1) all players who have a current bona fide Club handicap will use these to start the Spotmog golf season.
2) otherwise a player’s handicap will be set by handicap committee judged on his previous performances and based on his year-end SGS handicap.
3) two shots will be deducted for a winning game – and one for second place – irrespective of the score.
4) one shot will be added for a score of 21 or less.
5) a lost ball will be played from the point of entry (‘unplayable’ PGA rules apply on placement) with a one stroke penalty, in order to maintain the speed of play.
6) an obvious out of bounds shot will be replaced and replayed with a one stroke penalty (normal PGA rules). An out of bounds shot which only becomes apparent after arriving at the ball will be played from the point of entry (‘unplayable’ PGA rules apply on placement) with a one stroke penalty, in order to maintain speed of play.
An incorrectly completed scorecard from which a stableford score cannot be reasonably deduced will result in the player’s score being excluded. The marker is entitled to note his own score in the appropriate column should he so wish. Excuses involving weather conditions, broken pencils, lost specs etc. are invalid.
Persistent offenders may be penalised by one shot off their handicap.
2018 Year’s Scores
Updated: 5th September
|21st February||Stinchcombe||John Pooley|
|15th March||Wrag Barn||Mike Pollard|
|5th April||Bristol Golf Club||Phil Jose|
|24th May||Cumberwell Park||David Ford|
|4th June||Cirencester||Martin Kay|
|19th July||Minchinhampton||Jonathan Whittaker|
|14th August||Naunton||John Powell|
|3rd September||Malvern||Steve Hopkins|
|10th October||West Berkshire||David Jones|
|20th November||Cirencester||John Pooley|
|13th December||Brickhampton||Martin Kay|