Spotmog Golf 2019
2019 Rules are a slight change from 2018 with the goal to increase the number of players reaching the podium during the year. Changes are highlighted. The full rules are:
- Players carry forward their handicaps from the previous year.
- new players who have a current bona fide Club handicap will use these to start the Spotmog golf society.
- otherwise a player’s handicap will be set by handicap committee judged on previous performances and based on year-end SGS handicap.
- two shots will be deducted for a winning game – and one for second place – irrespective of the score.
- one shot will be added for a score of 25or less. Max handicap 36
- a lost ball will be played from the point of entry (‘unplayable’ PGA rules apply on placement) with a one stroke penalty, in order to maintain the speed of play.
- an obvious out of bounds shot will be replaced and replayed with a penalty of stroke and distance (normal PGA rules). An out of bounds shot which only becomes apparent after arriving at the ball will be played from the point of entry (‘unplayable’ PGA rules apply on placement) with a one stroke penalty, in order to maintain speed of play.
- an incorrectly completed scorecard from which a stableford score cannot be reasonably deduced will result in the player’s score being excluded. The marker is entitled to note his own score in the appropriate column should he so wish. Excuses involving weather conditions, broken pencils, lost specs etc. are invalid. Persistent offenders may be penalised by one shot off their handicap.
- no “gimme” putts, have to hole out.
2019 Year’s Scores
Updated: 19th June 2019
|Warm up||28 February||Sherdons Golf Centre, Tewkesbury|
|1||19 March||Wrag Barn|
|Spring Trip||28-29 April||Hensol Park|
|French Trip||29 Sept – 4 October||Dinard Area|
|Christmas Lunch||13 Dec||Brickhampton|